Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Problem with Discomfort

I sat and pondered of relationships I have known, of both my own and those of others well known to me. I have seen would-be-good marriages go by the wild side and would-be-good friendships gone by the way side; all for the sake of avoiding discomfort.
Webster described "discomfort- to make uncomfortable or not at ease.

The problem with discomfort is the lack of it. In any kind of relationship comfort creates complacency.Discomfort creates a continuous act of stimulation in relationships. It is a lack of comfort that still sends Hallmarks on no special occasion and sends flowers just to say "Thinking of You".

Discomfort allows us to not take for granted our loved ones, husbands, wives, children and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment